Government takes a number of measures to promote Country's performance in 'Ease of Doing Business'- (Press Information Bureau) (27 Mar 2017)
Labour and Industrial
The Ministry of Labour and Employment has taken steps for drafting four Labour Codes on Wages; Industrial Relations; Social Security & Welfare; and Safety and Working Conditions respectively, as per recommendation of the Second National Commission on Labour, by simplifying, amalgamating and rationalizing the relevant provisions of the existing Central Labour Laws.
It has been decided that an informal Group of Ministers headed by Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs, and with Minister of Road, Transport & Highways and Shipping; Minister of Law and Justice and Electronics & Information Technology; Minister of Steel; Minister of State (Independent charge) for Labour& Employment; Minister of State (Independent charge) for Petroleum & Natural Gas; Minister of State (Independent charge) for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy as members, will examine the draft Codes on Wages' Bill and Industrial Relations' Code Bill before it is formally considered for approval by the Government. The informal Group of Ministers has met twice on 30.12.2015 and 08.03.2017 to discuss the draft Codes.
The process of Legislative reforms includes consultation with stakeholders including Central Trade Unions, Employers' Association and State Governments in the form of tripartite consultation. The draft Codes on Wages and Industrial Relations were accordingly considered in tripartite consultation meetings where representative of the Central Trade Unions participated and gave their suggestions which were appropriately considered. Such tripartite Consultation for Code on Wages was held on 10.03.2015 and 13.04.2015 and for Industrial Relations Code was held on 06.05.2015 and 06.10.2015.
Ministry of Labour & Employment has taken a number of measures to promote Country's performance in 'Ease of Doing Business' which include:-
1. Registration process for EPFO and ESIC are fully online on realtime basis.
2. Common Registration Service, for registration under 5 Central Labour Laws, has been provided on e-biz Portal.
3. Shram Suvidha Portal, launched by the Ministry on 16.10.2014, has facilitated Single Online Annual Return under 9 Central Labour Acts.
4. The Shram Suvidha Portal also provides facility for Common Monthly Return for EPFO and ESIC.
5. Ministry has also notified "Ease of Compliance to maintain Registers under various Labour Laws Rules, 2017" on 21st February 2017 which has in effect replaced the 56 Registers/Forms prescribed under 9 Central Laws and Rules made thereunder into 5 common Registers/Forms. This will save efforts, costs and lessen the compliance burden by various establishments.
Tags : MEASURES PROMOTIONS BUSINESS