Regulatory Reporting by AIFs- (Securities and Exchange Board of India) (14 Sep 2023)
1. In terms of Regulation 28 of SEBI (AIF) Regulations, 2012 read with Clause 15.1 of SEBI Master Circular for AIFs dated July 31, 2023, AIFs shall submit quarterly reports to SEBI in the formats specified with respect to the activities carried on by the AIFs.
2. In order to enable the AIF industry to have uniform compliance standards, ease compliance reporting and for regulatory and developmental purposes, the existing quarterly reporting format has been reviewed in consultation with AIF Industry Associations - Indian Venture and Alternate Capital Association (IVCA) and Equalifi (hereinafter referred to as 'association') and the revised format has been prepared.
3. The said revised reporting format shall be hosted by the AIF associations on their website within 2 working days of issuance of this circular.
4. The association shall assist all AIFs in understanding the reporting requirements and in clarifying or resolving any issues which may arise in connection with reporting to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
5. The quarterly report shall be submitted by AIFs online on the SEBI Intermediary Portal (SI Portal) as per the aforesaid revised format. The report shall be submitted within 15 calendar days from the end of each quarter.
6. To keep pace with the fast-changing landscape of AIF industry and for policy and supervision purposes, the aforesaid reporting format shall be reviewed periodically by association / any AIF Standard Setting Forum in consultation with SEBI. In case of any revisions in the reporting format, revised format shall be made available on websites of association / the AIF Standard Setting Forum at least 1 month prior to end of the quarter.
7. The association shall engage with all AIFs to ensure that to begin with and to carry out a trial run, quarterly report for the June 2023 quarter is submitted in the revised format by October 15, 2023 on the SI Portal.
8. The report for the quarter ending September 30, 2023 shall be submitted in the revised format by November 15, 2023.
9. From quarter ending December 31, 2023 onwards, AIFs shall submit quarterly report in the revised format as mentioned at paragraph 5 above.
10. This Circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interest of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
Tags : REGULATORY REPORTING AIFS ACTIVITIES