Electronic filing and Issuance of Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) under India-Australia Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (Ind-Aus ECTA) w.e.f. 29th December 2022- (Ministry of Commerce and Industry) (22 Dec 2022)
1. It is informed that the electronic platform for Certificates of Origin (eCoO) is being expanded to facilitate issuance of Preferential Certificates of Origin for exports to Australia under India-Australia Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (Ind-Aus ECTA) with effect from 29th December 2022.
2. On submission and approval of applications online under the above-mentioned Trade Agreement, the e-CoO system shall generate one copy i.e., electronic copy. The electronic copy shall bear the image signature of the issuing officer and stamp of the issuing agency. The authenticity of any eCoO may be verified by scanning the QR code on the certificate, or by keying in the certificate number under the 'Verify Certificate' link on https://coo.dgft.gov.in
3. The Indian Exporter may please take note of the following points regarding the eCoO application process being notified herewith:
• Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) would be required for the purpose of electronic submission. The digital signature would be the same as used in other DGFT applications.
• The digital signature may be Class III and should have the IEC of the firm embedded in the DSC.
• Any new applicant exporter would be required to initially register at the portal. The password would be sent on the email and mobile number of the IEC holder. In case the IEC holder desires to update their email on which communication is to be sent, the same may be done by using the 'IEC Profile Management' service on the DGFT website https://dgft.gov.in
• Once registration is completed, the IEC branch details would be auto-populated as per the DGFT-IEC database. Applicant is required to ensure that updated IEC details are available in the DGFT system. Necessary steps may be taken to modify the IEC details, when required.
5. For further guidance on registration and application submission, the Help manual & FAQs may be accessed on the landing page at https://coo.dgft.gov.in. For any further assistance you may utilize any of the following channels -
• Raise a service request/suggestion ticket through the DGFT Helpdesk service
• Call the toll-free DGFT Helpdesk numbers
• Send an email to DGFT CoO Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Tags : ELECTRONIC FILING ISSUANCE COO