Master Circular for Commodity Derivatives Market- (Securities and Exchange Board of India) (17 May 2022)
1. In order to ensure availability of comprehensive information mentioned in the circulars pertaining to commodity derivatives market at one place, SEBI has been issuing Master Circular comprising of information mentioned in various circulars pertaining to commodity derivatives segment. The references in the circular to the Statutes/Regulations which now stand repealed have been suitably updated. Efforts have also been made to incorporate in the circular, certain applicable provisions of existing circulars issued by other departments of SEBI, relevant to commodity derivatives markets. This circular has covered various circulars issued till March 31, 2022.
2. The term "national commodity derivatives exchanges" or "regional commodity derivatives exchanges" or "commodity derivatives exchanges" may be read as stock exchanges; wherein stock exchanges means recognized stock exchange having commodity derivatives segment.
3. It is hereby clarified that in case of any inconsistency between the Master Circular and the original applicable circular, the content of the original circular shall prevail.
4. This Master Circular shall supersede previous Master Circular SEBI/HO/CDMRD/DMP/P/CIR/2021/589 dated July 01, 2021.
5. This circular is issued with the approval of the Competent Authority.
6. This circular is available on SEBI Website. under the category "Circulars" and "Info for Commodity Derivatives."
Tags : MASTER CIRCULAR ISSUANCE COMMODITY DERIVATIVES