Clarifications on circular dated 03.11.2021, related to 'common & simplified norms for processing investor's service request by RTAs and for furnishing PAN, KYC details and nomination'- (Securities and Exchange Board of India) (14 Dec 2021)
1. SEBI, vide Circular no. SEBI/HO/MIRSD/MIRSD_RTAMB/P/CIR/2021/655 dated November 03, 2021, has laid down the common and simplified norms for processing investor's service request by RTAs and norms for furnishing PAN, KYC details and Nomination.
2. Based on the representations received from the Registrars Association of India (RAIN), it has been decided to provide clarity on certain provisions and on the applicability of the aforementioned circular. The said clarifications are given in Annexure to this circular.
3. All other provisions mentioned in the circular SEBI/HO/MIRSD/MIRSD_RTAMB/P/CIR/2021/655 dated November 03, 2021 shall remain unchanged.
4. Stock Exchanges and Depositories are advised to:
a) make necessary amendments to the relevant bye-laws, rules and regulations, operational instructions, as the case may be, for the implementation of the above circular; and
b) bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of their constituents and also disseminate the same on the website.
5. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred by Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
Tags : CIRCULAR RTAS NORMS