Mandatory requirement of AADHAAR for availing the benefit under Central Scheme of "Grant in Aid to Government of Tripura and Mizoram for rehabilitation of Bru Migrants"- (Ministry Of Home Affairs) (02 Feb 2021)
Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one's identity;
And whereas, the Ministry of Home Affairs (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry) in the Government of India is administering the Central Scheme of "Grant in Aid to Government of Tripura and Mizoram for rehabilitation of Bru Migrants" (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) under which financial assistance (hereinafter referred to as the benefit) is given to the eligible Bru persons or eligible family members of the Bru persons (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiary) through the State Government Institutions, viz. the Collectors and District Magistrates/Deputy Commissioners concerned (hereinafter referred to as the Implementing Agency);
And whereas, the Scheme involves expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:-
1. (i) An eligible beneficiary desirous of receiving the benefit under the Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(ii) Any eligible beneficiary desirous of receiving benefit under the Scheme, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or, has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrollment provided he is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such beneficiary shall visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website www.uidai.gov.in) for Aadhaar enrolment.
(iii) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Ministry through the Implementing Agency, is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the eligible beneficiary, who is not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry through the Implementing Agency shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of Unique Identification Authority of India or by becoming Unique Identification Authority of India Registrars themselves:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the beneficiary, benefit under the Scheme shall be given to such beneficiary subject to the production of the following documents, namely:-
(a) If he has enrolled, his Aadhaar Enrolment Identification slip; and
(b) Identification Slip issued by Home Department, Government of Mizoram; and
(c) Copy of any one of the following documents, namely :-
(i) Bank or Post office Passbook with Photo; or
(ii) Voter Identification Card; or
(iii) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card; or
(iv) Ration Card; or
(v) Passport; or
(vi) Kisan Photo Passbook; or
(vii) Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Job Card; or
(viii) Driving license issued by Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or
(ix) Certificate of identity having photo of such person issued by a Gazetted officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; or
(x) any other document as specified by the Ministry:
Provided further that the above documents may be checked by an officer specifically designated by the Ministry for that purpose.
2. In order to provide benefits to the beneficiaries under the Scheme conveniently, the Ministry through its Implementing Agency shall make all the required arrangements to ensure that wide publicity through media shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme.
3. In all cases, where Aadhaar authentication fails due to poor biometrics of the beneficiaries or due to any other reason, the following remedial mechanisms shall be adopted, namely:-
(a) in case of poor fingerprint quality, iris scan or face authentication facility shall be adopted for authentication, thereby the Ministry through its Implementing Agency shall make provisions for iris scanners or face authentication along with finger print authentication for delivery of benefit in seamless manner;
(b) in case the biometric authentication through fingerprints or iris scan or face authentication is not successful, wherever feasible and admissible, authentication by Aadhaar One Time Password or Time-based One-Time Password with limited time validity, as the case may be, shall be offered;
(c) in all other cases, where biometric or One Time Password or Time-based One-Time Password authentication is not possible, benefits under the Scheme may be given on the basis of physical Aadhaar letter whose authenticity can be verified through the Quick Response code printed on the Aadhaar letter and the necessary arrangement of Quick Response code reader shall be provided at the convenient locations by the Ministry through its Implementing Agency.
4. In order to ensure that no bona fide beneficiary under the Scheme is deprived of his due benefits, the Ministry through its Implementing Agency shall follow the exception handling mechanism as specified in the Office Memorandum No. D-26011/04/2017-DBT, dated the 19th December 2017 of the Direct Benefit Transfer Mission, Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India (available on https://dbtbharat.gov.in/).
5. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in the States of Mizoram and Tripura.
Tags : AADHAAR CENTRAL SCHEME BRU MIGRANTS