Extension of time lime for implementation of Phase I of Unified Payments Interface with Application Supported by Block Amount- (Securities and Exchange Board of India) (03 Apr 2019)
1. This refers to SEBI circular SEBI/HO/CFD/DIL2/CIR/P/2018/138 dated November 1, 2018, vide which SEBI had introduced the use of Unified Payments Interface (UPI) as a payment mechanism with Application Supported by Block Amount (ASBA) for applications in public issues by retail individual investors through intermediaries (Syndicate members, Registered Stock Brokers, Registrar and Transfer agent and Depository Participants), with effect from January 1, 2019. Implementation of the same was to be carried out in a phased manner to ensure gradual transition to UPI with ASBA.
2. Based on the representations received from the various market intermediaries like Self Certified Syndicate Banks (SCSBs), National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and the Association of Investment Bankers of India (AIBI), to extend the timeline for implementation of Phase I of the aforesaid Circular and in order to ensure that the transition to UPI in ASBA is smooth for all the stakeholders, it has been decided to extend the timeline for implementation of Phase I of the aforesaid Circular by 3 months i.e. till June 30, 2019. The implementation of Phase II and III shall continue unchanged as per the aforesaid Circular from the date of completion of Phase I as above.
3. All entities involved in the process are advised to take necessary steps to ensure compliance with this circular.
4. The aforesaid Circular dated November 1, 2018, shall stand modified to the extent stated under this Circular.
5. This circular is being issued in exercise of the powers under section 11 read with section 11A of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992.
6. This circular is available on SEBI website. under the categories "Legal Framework" and "Issues and Listing".
Tags : PUBLIC ISSUE EQUITY SHARES CONVERTIBLES PROCESS