Allocation of quantity 5841 MT Sugar by EU for export from India for the year 2022-23 and allocation of quantity 8606 MTRV raw cane sugar by USA for export from India for US fiscal year 2023- (Ministry of Commerce and Industry) (16 Nov 2022)
1. In exercise of the powers conferred under Paragraphs 2.04 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2015-2020, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby allocates quantity of 5841 MT for export of raw/refined Sugar to EU under TRQ for the year 2022-23 and also allocates quantity of 8606 MTRV for export of raw cane sugar to USA under TRQ scheme for US fiscal year 2023.
2. As per Notification No. 3/2015-20 dated 20.04.2015, export of sugar (HS Code 17010000) to USA and EU under TRQ is 'Free' subject to the conditions notified in the 'Nature of Restrictions' in the above notification.
3. Certificate of Origin, if required, for preferential export of sugar to USA and EU, shall be issued by Additional Director General of Foreign Trade, Mumbai on recommendation of APEDA regarding entity and quantity for which eligible. Other certification requirement, if any, prescribed specifically for export of sugar to USA and EU would continue to be followed.
4. The quota will be operated by Agriculture and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), New Delhi as the implementing agency for export of TRQ items to EU and USA.
5. The reporting requirement as notified vide Notification No. 3/2015-2020 dated 20.04.2015 read with Notification No. 20 dated 07.09.2015 would be followed.
6. Effect of this Public Notice:
The quantity of 5841 MT (raw/refined) Sugar to be exported to EU and quantity of 8606 MTRV raw cane sugar to be exported to USA under TRQ scheme from 01.10.2022 to 30.09.2023 has been notified.
Tags : ALLOCATION QUANTITY SUGAR