Board nomination rights to unitholders of Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs)- (Securities and Exchange Board of India) (11 Sep 2023)
1. Regulation 4(2)(h) of SEBI (Infrastructure Investment Trusts) Regulations, 2014 ("InvIT Regulations") inter-alia provides that unitholder(s) holding not less than ten percent of the total outstanding units of the InvIT, either individually or collectively, shall be entitled to nominate one director on the board of directors of the Investment Manager, in the manner as may be specified by the Board.
2. Accordingly, the framework to exercise board nomination rights by the Eligible Unitholder(s) has been specified at Annexure - A.
3. Reporting and Monitoring
The Investment Manager of the InvIT shall, within ten days from the end of each calendar month, review whether the Eligible Unitholder(s) who have exercised the board nomination right, continue to have/hold the required number of units of InvIT and make a report of the same. The Investment Manager of the InvIT shall submit such report to the Trustee of the InvIT.
4. This circular shall come into force with immediate effect.
5. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 and Regulation 4(2)(h) of the SEBI (Infrastructure Investment Trusts) Regulations, 2014. This circular is issued with the approval of the competent authority.
6. The recognized Stock Exchanges are advised to disseminate the contents of this Circular on their website.
Tags : NOMINATION RIGHTS UNITHOLDERS INVITS