TRAI releases consultation paper on "Validity Period of Tariff Offers"- (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) (13 May 2021)
Media and Communication
1. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has today released a Consultation Paper on "Validity period of Tariff Offers".
2. The TRAI has been receiving a lot of references from consumers regarding the offering of tariff by telecom service providers (TSPs) for 28 days instead of a monthly offering. As per the extant regulatory framework for tariff, tariffs for telecommunication services are forborne except for: (i) rural fixed line services; (ii) national roaming services; (iii) international private leased circuits and domestic leased circuits; and (iv) mobile number portability charges. However, based on the feedback received from consumers through various channels, it is felt that certain tariffs/vouchers and their validity offered by TSPs are not to the satisfaction of large section of consumers. The purpose of this consultation paper is to identify such tariff offers and explore the possibility of making tariff/vouchers offered by service providers and their validity issues sync with aspiration/requirements of consumers at large.
2. In this regard, a Consultation Paper on "Validity period of Tariff Offers" has been released seeking inputs from the stakeholders. Written comments and counter comments on the issues raised in the Consultation Paper are invited from the stakeholders by 11th June 2021 and 25th June 2021 respectively.
3. The comments may be sent, preferably in electronic form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags : CONSULTATION PAPER VALIDITY PERIOD TARIFF OFFERS
2. The TRAI has been receiving a lot of references from consumers regarding the offering of tariff by telecom service providers (TSPs) for 28 days instead of ... For read more news from newsroom.manupatra.com"data-action="share/whatsapp/share" class="ic_wtsp-grid">